Call fdbbackup/fdbrestore with custom parameters

According to the comment on the code, the custom parameters should be passed to fdbbackup and fdbrestore, but the code only passes the parameters to fdbcli, is that a bug?

I managed to configure fdbbackup and fdbrestore parameters by adding them to the script files and specifying them on the command line when calling the corresponding utilities.
For fdbbackup I created a script file with the extension “.cluster” and specified the necessary parameters inside this file. Then, when calling fdbbackup, I used the “-C” flag to specify the path to my script file.
An example of the script file “backup.cluster”:
coordinators=“fdb1:4500”
snapshot_interval_seconds=600
max_versions=10000
Then I called fdbbackup in the following way:
fdbbackup -C /path/to/backup.cluster
Similarly, for fdbrestore, I created a script file with the extension “.restore” and specified the necessary parameters inside the file. When calling fdbrestore, I used the “-C” flag to specify the path to my script file.
An example of the script file “restore.restore”:
dest_cluster_file=“fdb2.cluster”
snapshot_version=1234567890
logs_directory=“/path/to/logs”
I then called fdbrestore as follows:
fdbrestore -C /path/to/restore.restore
This way you can configure fdbbackup and fdbrestore parameters by creating script files and specifying the necessary values inside these files. Then just use the “-C” flag with the path to your script file when calling the utilities.
I hope this helps you set up fdbbackup and fdbrestore with the right parameters! If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. Good luck!

1 Like