How to connect to fdb 6.2 and 6.3 or 7.1 from the same pod?

Hi, Experts
Is it possible to connect to fdb 6.2 and 6.3 or 7.1 from the same pod?
Now I want to create a pod with fdbclient to connect fdb cluster pods, and it could connect to fdb6.2, fdb6.3 or fdb7.1 clusters concurrently. Is there any existing solution? Thanks!

Yes. Multiversion client is exactly for this purpose.

@jzhou Hi, Jing Yu, thank you so much for your suggestion! Now I am going to invoke fdbbackup,fdbrestore and fdbcli from my pod to manage the different fdb clusters with different versions, does the solution also apply for this situation?

If you want to use the cli tools from fdb you have to use the specific binaries. I believe some of them support the use of the multiversion but not all. In the operator deployment we do the same by injecting fdbcli/fdbbackup/fdbrestore in all required versions.

Assuming you build you own application that uses the FDB bindings you can make use of the multi version client, you can also find an example for that in the operator repository.

@johscheuer thanks a lot for your suggestion! I will do more investigation.

@johscheuer @jzhou I wonder the usage of EXTERNAL_CLIENT_LIBRARY and EXTERNAL_CLIENT_DIRECTORY:

1. If the real env variable name for EXTERNAL_CLIENT_LIBRARY is FDB_NETWORK_OPTION_EXTERNAL_CLIENT_DIRECTORY? And FDB_NETWORK_OPTION_EXTERNAL_CLIENT_LIBRARY for EXTERNAL_CLIENT_LIBRARY?
  2. If the 2 parameters should be set concurrently?
  3. FDB_NETWORK_OPTION_EXTERNAL_CLIENT_DIRECTORY is for binary files? Such as fdbserver,fdbmonitor,fdbcli… , right?
    FDB_NETWORK_OPTION_EXTERNAL_CLIENT_LIBRARY is for lib files, such as libfdb_c.so ?
  4. Is there any example for the 2 parameters usage?
    Thanks!