How to get apple fdb operator version?

Hi, Experts
Now we are writing a golang operator which based on apple fdb operator, as there is some feature change (such as docker image format, in 1.4.1 it become imageConfigs format), I wonder how to get the apple fdb operator version, e.g to know if it is 0.48 or 1.4.1, is there any API published to get it? Thanks!

We currently don’t over an API to get this information (but it’s a good idea to add this). You can get the operator version by running /manager --version inside of the operator container. For the changes that you mention: As long as you are on the same major version all feature should be supported and we only add additional feature as optional.

I hope this helped.

@johscheuer Thanks for your suggestion!
I have run the command, but the version show “latest” which is not 1.4.1

bash-4.4$ /manager --version
version: latest

Have you build the image by yourself or are you using the one from DockerHub? If the version return latest you have to fallback to the image tag. It might be that some earlier versions had a bug where the tag was not correctly propagated, the latest 1.9.0 should show the correct version.

I am using the image I built

If you build the operator by yourself you have to ensure that the tag is properly propagated, see: fdb-kubernetes-operator/Makefile at main · FoundationDB/fdb-kubernetes-operator · GitHub. You can use the build arg defined in the Dockerfile: fdb-kubernetes-operator/Dockerfile at main · FoundationDB/fdb-kubernetes-operator · GitHub