Is there any strategy for implementation, tuning and migration of a FDB db over time?
What languages are recommended to use:
- for prototyping?
- for initial implementation/cutover?
- for use over the lifetime of the db as it scales (up or down)?
What monitoring and tuning tools are available – how and when to use them?
What migration tools are available and how to use them:
- to another language?
- refactoring an existing db implementation?
- to another db structure or layer?
Is there a general strategy recommended for cutover from one db implementation to another:
- for FDB system upgrades?
- for USER upgrades?
- run both concurrently with shadow updates?
- piecemeal cutover, say, per cluster – or Big Bang?
- validation procedures and tools?
An thoughts on this subject will be appreciated…
Kinda’ reminds me of the old repartee: Kiss you? I shouldn’t even be in bed with you!