TLS setup on Mac and Linux

(Samir) #1

Anyone any document would be appreciable

(Samir) #2

Particular via document layer

(Alex Miller) #3

There’s a TLS section in the docs.

(Samir) #4

Thanks , but it is kind of confusing , I do not have make_build.py under the directory specify in doc for Mac and Linux and neither fdb.pem any idea how to get these file and where to generate I tried OpenSSL but no luck
Any steps ?

(A.J. Beamon) #5

See this post for a list of steps I followed for getting a basic instance running.

(Samir) #6

Thanks ,
As I cannot edit cluster file to add :tls
I use coordinator in fdbcli like ip:port:tls but it gives error cannot use coordinator with incompatible TLS state
Anything I am doing wrong ?

(Samir) #7

I use coordinator in fdbcli like ip:port:tls but it gives error cannot use coordinator with incompatible TLS state
I do not understand why it is giving incompatible TLS state

Thanks

(Samir) #8

Can anyone help me overcoming the error I am receiving via adding told to the cluster file “cannot use coordinator with incompatible tcs state “

Samit

(Samir) #9

I mean coordinator cannot use incompatible TLS state

(Alex Miller) #10

You need to edit the cluster file to add :tls. If you don’t tell the coordinators to listen with TLS, then they won’t be able to accept TLS connections. Why are you not able to edit the cluster file?

(Samir) #11

When we open the cluster file it says should not be edited by hand
Anyway I edited and added :tls and restarted foundationdb but says ip:port:tls is not reachable cannot communicate with the quorum of coordinator servers

Samir