Unfortunately, this left me in the same place as I was before. Perhaps this is an issue with macOS or my setup specifically I am hitting.
I did notice that in my
GOPATH/pkg directory where the Go modules system seems to store code, the path looks like this:
As of writing this,
47931674b55f is a portion of the git hash of the current HEAD of master. This makes sense as to why I’m getting generated code for API version
Not sure what to do about that though.
I followed that procedure on a fresh Ubuntu 16.04 VM and same issue. Presumably I am at fault here if it worked for you though.
I went back to the original PR that added Go modules support and I just realized the
go.mod file is not in the
6.0.18 tag at all. It was merged after 6.0.18 was tagged.
I proceeded to run my
go get as
go get firstname.lastname@example.org It picked the git hash
f2d582ffa197 as you would expect. Once we get a new release in the 600 line or we all decide to move to 610 when it is available this should get easier.