I’m very happy to announce that we just released a new version of the Rust-Bindings for FoundationDB
After more than a year since the last version, we brings new features, cleanups and bug-fixes. This release is also celebrating the new Github org that has been set-up to ensure the sustainability of the project
- Add and defaults to foundationdb 6.3.x API version.
- Adding support for the Directory
- Migrated from Clikengo’s repo to a dedicated org (more info can be found here)
- Bump dependencies
- Bump MSRV(Minimum supported rust version) to Rust 2021 (1.56.0)
- Introduce Platform tier
- Improved CI and correctness tests
The BindingTester has been integrated in:
- scheduled correctness tests on Github Actions.
Every hour, we are testing ~1k seeds using Github Actions’s infrastructure.
At the time of writing, 2,797 scheduled tests have been run to prepare this release, which represents more than 2 millions seeds tested.
My current company is investing in FoundationDB and we will develop different layers in Rust.
As such, we are currently planning to move the crate towards a
1.0.0 version, which will represent a state where advanced layers written in Rust can be built on top of FoundationDB.