Fdb_c_types.h missing in windows install image

Hi everyone! I maintain the nodejs bindings for foundationdb. I haven’t touched them in awhile because I’ve been busy, and they’ve been working great.

I recently tried to update my CI to the latest version of foundationdb and I’m running into a build error on windows:

C:\Program Files\FoundationDB\include\foundationdb\fdb_c.h(61,10): fatal  error
C1083: Cannot open include file: 'fdb_c_types.h': No such file or directory [D:\a\node-foundationdb\node-foundationdb\build\fdblib.vcxproj]
gyp ERR! build error 

It looks like the error is due to fdb_c_types.h not getting included in the windows MSI. Which we could fix. It looks like the builds on other platforms had a similar problem but thats since been resolved. (I’d chime on there but issues are locked to core contributors).

It seems unclear to me if windows compatibility is a thing that anyone working on foundationdb cares about given how often the build is kinda broken. I have sort of 2 options at this point:

1. Disable the native windows build. Its clear that windows compatibility isn’t a priority for the foundationdb team. I have no idea if people are using windows for native nodejs + foundationdb work. There’s no point me maintaining this stuff if nobody is using it.
  2. Move to an older version of the windows MSI for my CI process. The old 6.x.x builds work, but that limits the feature set for the node-foundationdb bindings to the features available in FDB 6.

Thoughts?

Due to disinterest, I’m going to disable ongoing windows support in node_foundationdb until this is resolved.