How can I tell if a FDB release is stable?

Hi, I noticed 6.3.9 showed up on the downloads page. Does that mean it’s stable? Also noticed the documentation site still defaults to 6.2. In general how can one tell if a release is production-ready?

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this up!

FDB 6.3.9 is stable because we have it deployed for months, except that it has a fault tolerance reporting bug in fearless DR configuration (aka multi-region configuration). If you are not using the configuration, you won’t see the bug. We are fixing it and going to release a patch to fix it.

A rule of thumb, we typically don’t put a release to public website until we have deployed it in our environment and are confident it is reliable.

The current download page could do a better job by explaining the status of 6.3.9 release. We are working on revamping that.

Why are we slow in revamping the website?
We are also revamping our development platform (e.g., release pipeline, release process, CI) to get to a faster dev cycle and a more predictable time-based release cycle. We should have something out in the near future.

2 Likes

Hello!

except that it has a fault tolerance reporting bug in fearless DR configuration (aka multi-region configuration).

Where can I read more about this bug?

But there is a tag 6.3.12 in the sourcecode repository. Does it mean that the release 6.3.12 will appear soon in the download page?

yes. we will release 6.3.12 as an experimental patch. I won’t recommend you to run it because we haven’t run it at scale in our environment.

The most stable 6.3 version should be 6.3.9.