Need help-install issue

Hello,

I just installed the Mac version of FDB and it looks fine as it installs, then I cannot find it once it’s installed. I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. It looks like it’s fine, it completes the install, then it is not in the destination location. I’ve tried 3 times now, no luck. Anyone else have this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

What are you looking to find exactly?

The fdbserver binary is found in /usr/local/libexec along with fdbmonitor. The CLI can be found in /usr/local/bin. There is also a client library in /usr/local/lib/libfdb_c.dylib. The cluster file is /usr/local/etc/foundationdb/fdb.cluster. Data files and logs live in /usr/local/foundationdb (within the data and logs subdirectories).

If you are looking for an application in, say, Applications, then there shouldn’t be anything there. (The installer doesn’t try to put anything there.)

I am trying to open an app that uses a database for information. I (think) foundation db is compatible for what I need. when I install it, it does not appear anywhere in a way I can use it.Is it the kin dof app that only open when one is attempting to open a compatible file type?

There’s no graphical component to FoundationDB. When installed on your Mac for development, it’s just a service that runs in the background. If you use the provided client library (likely through one of the bindings), then you’ll be connected by default to your locally running instance of FoundationDB and can programmatically set/read data.

You might wish to explain a bit more as to what you’re trying to do, but if you’re looking for something that lets you graphically edit the contents of some database, that’s not FDB. :confused:

That’s not the FDB core, but there’s nothing stopping someone from building a UI / editor as a layer, right?