What is the go binding version in go.mod for fdb 6.3.24?

Hi, Experts

Now I am drafting a golang application to access fdb, initially it access fdb 6.2, and in the go.mod is as following:

require (
        github.com/apple/foundationdb/bindings/go v0.0.0-20200112054404-407dc0907f4f

But when it is upgraded to fdb 6.3, in the app the line “fdb.MustAPIVersion(630)” popup “version not support” error.

So I tried to change the go binding version in go.mod, but I can only found 7.x binding version from https://pkg.go.dev/github.com/apple/foundationdb/bindings/go/src/fdb?tab=versions

If I use latest version “v0.0.0-20221110120141-0160570c2a46” in go.mod which is for 7.x, it popup the error message:

Requested API version requires a newer version of this header

So I wonder for fdb 6.3 what is the binding version in go.mod? Thanks!

In my projects, I always do this.

Step #1: go get github.com/apple/foundationdb/bindings/go/src/fdb@7.1.23

Replace 7.1.23 with the version that matches the fdb-client you have.

Step #2: Save the “go.mod” and don’t ever upgrade the binding using any other go mod command other than the explicit one mentioned above.

I have filed a related ticket here Changing the version tag format or consider an additional tag for each release · Issue #4431 · apple/foundationdb · GitHub - but I haven’t had time to investigate why the version numbers shows as v0.0.0 - and whether the proposed solution of adding v prefix will fix the issue.

1 Like

@harikb Thanks a lot for your help!