Backup_agent is gone after upgrade to 6.3

I just upgraded foundationdb in our cluster and now backup_agent, dr_agent and other tools seems to be gone: no binaries in the folder /usr/lib/foundationdb/ except fdbmonitor and fdbbackup.

As you observed, we have a fix written for this that I would expect should be part of a patch release in the next couple weeks.

Am i right that i just need to put backup_agent from raw linux distrib to /var/lib/foundationdb/backup_agent folder?

I think that should work. You should also be able to copy the fdbbackup binary you do have and rename it backup_agent, and then it will behave as a backup_agent. I think you could even do this with a symbolic link to fdbbackup.

I have same questions that when I checked latest release to download binaries (we don’t use Docker and we dont want to use RPM install either) I only see fdbbackup binaries and not fdbrestore/fdbdr and backup_agent.

If is ok to create softlink for all fdbrestore/fdbdr and backup_agent pointing to fdbbackup binaries for a given version ?

That okay and that’s actually what we are doing when we build the Docker images: foundationdb/build-images.sh at main · apple/foundationdb · GitHub we probably should document that step.